Thursday 5 December 2013

Faith and Trust







Celebrating the Divine Feminine  -  Day Five


Madonna del Parto (Pregnant Madonna)  by Piero della Francesca (1415-1492)

For me her expression just exudes faith and trust. This is the most beautiful image of Mary I've ever seen. I came across it while on an art tour of Tuscany in the early 1990s, shortly before it was moved to a purpose built museum. At the time the fresco was situated behind the altar of a small church in the hill town of Monterchi. I feel very fortunate to have seen it before restoration,in all it's faded glory.










Wishing you peace and joy !


Shared with Rebecca and friends at      RECUERDA MI CORAZON


Madonna del Parto - image source Wikipedia

6 comments:

  1. Love this piece. Madonna del Parto, I've never heard of. Thank you for introducing me to this image.
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I feel fortunate that you have shared this amazing image with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the painters who depict the madonna as pregnant and the ones of her discreetly nursing. She was fully human and I like to remember that as we tend to idolize and idealize her. You are fortunate to have seen this painting in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Ruby,
    I thought you were naming the angels
    Faith and Trust...:D ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting idea Lisa ....... maybe they are indeed named Faith and Trust!

      Delete
  5. Hi! Very beautiful painting! Just fit for Christmas season. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...